Muse Touch Exhibit: The Olympians

6:03 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Last December 19, we had a little art show entitled "Muse Touch" at the Space Between Alternative Art
Gallery. This was group exhibit that featured some of the local artist. Each artist presented 5 to 10 new
works using any medium about things that inspire them to create art.

For this exhibit, I wanted to try something new. Another medium that I haven't tried before. So I decided
to try using watercolors and ink. This was actually my first time trying watercolor. And yes, I had a lot of
struggles at first. I bought an ordinary watercolor kit ( the circle palette that came in a box, not tubes)
and I switched out the free brush with the brushes I already had.

At first, i tried different types of paper. It was obvious that ordinary paper couldn't hold the water. I also
tried my sketchbook, unfortunately that didn't hold either. I searched for paper specialized for watercolors
in the local shops, but I couldn't find any. You see, most of my art materials was bought in Macau. I
checked the local art stores again and looked for a substitute paper that could hold the amount of water.
I found a special printing paper in A3 instead. It was a little too big for what I had in mind for my art 
pieces, so I ended cutting it in half. It worked fine with the watercolor, and so I used it
through out my art pieces. 

For this exhibit I did the 12 Greek gods; "the Olympians". I always had a thing for Greek mythology.
Instead of doing 5 to 10 pieces, I did 12. It really took a lot of time since I had to work in the day. I had
to manage my time in order to finish in time for the exhibit. It was worth it and a great experience in the
end.


My fellow artists did amazing works, unfortunately I wasn't able to get everything on camera.

Here are the artists who made the exhibit a success! (from left to right)
Marion Solis Lamaslig, Kristoffer Brasileño, Rea Catherine, Sasha Cabais (me), Kat Malazarte, Jana Renee Navarro, Ronnyl Bulahan, Jam Lebrilla, and Carlo Wendam.



But here is a preview of the work I did.







Aside from the paintings, I was also tasked to help out with the poster for the exhibit. The original plan
was to create a poster for each of the artist to feature their artwork.

0 comments: